We had a decent, if quick show last night, during with we covered VMRun/VIX, PowerCLI, and a few other things. Here are the show notes:
Here they are… only 5 this time:
Objective 8.1 PowerCLI Notes:
- Getting started with PowerShell – http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee221100.aspx
- PowerCLI – http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/vsphere/automationtools/powercli
- Update Manager cmd-lets – http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/ps-libs/vumps/
- Hal’s book – http://amzn.to/g0WmPc
- Sean’s PowerCLI Section – http://www.vfail.net/other-pages/powercli/
- Getting Started with PowerCLI – http://www.virtu-al.net/2009/11/10/powercli-where-do-i-start/
- My VIX section – http://professionalvmware.com/?s=vix
- Sean’s 8.1 page: http://www.vfail.net/2010/09/07/vcap-dca-objective-8-1-execute-vmware-cmdlets-and-customize-scripts-using-powercli/
Objective 8.2 Orchestrator Notes:
N/A – We didn’t touch on Orchestrator this go around.s
Objective 8.3 vMA Notes:
There are any number of great resources here. Instead of covering this directly in the BrownBag, I decided to self reference a BrownBag we did in the past with Sean Crookston of vFail.net here.
- Saffa Geek’s VCAP Prep page has been updated – http://thesaffageek.wordpress.com/vcap-dca-dcd/
- Sean Crookston’s VCAP-DCA page – http://www.vfail.net/vcap-dca/
- Sean’s result – http://www.vfail.net/2011/01/04/and-the-vcap-dca-results-are-in/
As this particular BrownBag was short, and we didn’t cover Orchestrator as well as we should have, so we’ll be doing the next BrownBag specifically on Orchestrator.
As always, if you’ve questions or comments, leave them here or drop a note on twitter.